Over at Herman Cain’s spectacular website, Cain TV, Clark Barrow lists out 16 reasons that Donald Trump is right about illegal immigration in America today.
Barrow took the list of 16 from a recent Newsmax article that gave clear and convincing support to the idea that Trump was being railroaded for being honest.
The simple fact of the matter is that while many of us may not have appreciated “the way” that Trump communicated his thoughts on illegal immigration, the man is not wrong about the basic ideas he was trying to express.
Illegal immigrants are a burden on our economy, on our legal system and on our culture, and telling the truth about this should not be a problem.
TRUMP – According to a recent Newsmax.com article, here are 16 Reasons Donald Trump is not wrong on immigration:
- 1. The border is extremely porous: The United Nations reported that 97 percent of the illegal immigrants who enter the U.S. clandestinely do so across the nearly 2,000-mile Mexican border, but only 20 percent of those who cross illegally are caught.
- 2. Illegal immigrants do bring crime: Of the 61,529 criminal cases initiated by federal prosecutors in 2013, more than 40 percent were filed in court districts neighboring the border. Nearly 22 percent were drug-related, 19.7 percent were violent crimes, and 10.2 percent involved white-collar offenses.
- 3. Immigrants are killing Americans: According to the Center for Immigration Studies, 57 percent of the 76 fugitive murderers wanted by the FBI in 2009 were foreign-born. The Center also disclosed that in Maricopa County in Arizona, 22 percent of felons are illegal immigrants.
- 4. Illegal immigrants pose a danger on the roads: About 4.5 million illegal aliens in the U.S. drive on a regular basis, many without licenses or insurance or even the ability to read road signs written in English, The New York Times reported. In Arizona, 63 percent of cited drivers have no license, no insurance, and no registration for the vehicle, and 97 percent of them are illegal aliens.
- 5. Statistics back up Trump’s charge that illegals bring drugs: In Pinal County, Ariz., about 70 miles from the Mexican border, Sheriff Paul Babeu said marijuana seizures went from about 19,000 pounds in 2008 to more than 45,500 pounds in 2010.
- 6. Many immigrants entering the country illegally have a criminal record in the U.S.: In 2010, the Border Patrol reported that 212,000 illegals were caught in the Tucson, Ariz., sector alone, and as many as 30 percent of them already had a criminal record in the U.S.
- 7. Many illegal alien convicts have been arrested multiple times: A Government Accountability Office study of 55,000 illegal aliens found that they were arrested at least 459,614 times, averaging about eight arrests per alien. About one-quarter of them had 11 or more arrests.
- 8. Deportation of illegal immigrants doesn’t keep them out of the country: Due to the wide-open Mexican border, the number of people prosecuted for coming into the country illegally after being deported has increased by 175 percent since 2005, according to a report cited by the Constitution Party website. The illegal alien recently accused of randomly murdering a woman in San Francisco had previously been deported five times.
- 9. The Mexican border is being used by illegals from other countries: Arrests by the Border Patrol of illegals from countries other than Mexico, particularly from Central America, increased from 59,000 in 2010 to 99,000 in 2012.
- 10. Immigrants are filling U.S. jails: One quarter of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals, as are 40 percent of inmates in Arizona and 48 percent in New Mexico. And 75 percent of those on the most wanted criminals list in Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
- 11. Illegals do include “rapists,” as Trump charged: Among many examples, an undocumented alien was arrested in Baltimore for raping a 9-year-old girl. In Austin, Texas, police arrested two Mexican nationals who allegedly participated in the gang rape of a 13-year girl in June. As many as 13 men took part, and some filmed the crime on their cell phones. Earlier this year an illegal alien from Mexico admitted in court that he raped a 12-year-old girl.
- 12. Prominent figures agree with Trump on the dangers of illegal immigration: Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani told MSNBC that while most people who cross the border come for economic reasons, “hidden with them, because they’re coming across unchecked, are people who rape, murder people, kill people and are terrorists.”
- 13. Ordinary Americans agree with Trump as well: According to Rasmussen Reports, 63 percent of Americans want the U.S. to gain control of the border. A recent CNN national survey found that of the announced Republican candidates, Trump placed second only to Jeb Bush. And Bill Kristol, founder and editor of The Weekly Standard, said Trump “is an outsider who was saying some things that the establishment doesn’t want to hear, that is resonating with voters.”
- 14. Relatives of victims know that Trump is right: The mother of a teenager who was murdered by an illegal immigrant gang member, Army Sgt. Anita Shaw, praised Trump for “trying to do something about a failed immigration system.”
- 15. Even wealthy Mexicans agree with Trump: Reuben Navarette Jr. writes in The Daily Beast that Mexico’s elite, despite displaying “outrage” at Trump’s comments, often speak in the same manner at high-end golf courses and banquets.
- 16. The Pew Research Center estimated that there are nearly 12 million illegal aliens in the nation — and the key word is “estimated.”
See the rest of his piece at Cain TV!
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter.
You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.
Check out Freedom Outpost’s Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome