Home » Benghazi Survivors Forced To Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements By The Obama Administration
According to Virginia Congressman Frank Wolf (R-VA), who put forth a resolution back in January to form a select House committee to investigate Benghazi, which was supported by 700 retired Special Forces and the mother of slain information management officer Sean Smith, said on Thursday that survivors of the attacks in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead, had been forced to sign non-disclosure agreements by each of their respective agencies in the Obama administration. This would essentially prohibit them from speaking about the attack on September 11, 2012.
“According to trusted sources that have contacted my office, many if not all of the survivors of the Benghazi attacks along with others at the Department of Defense, the CIA have been asked or directed to sign additional non-disclosure agreements about their involvement in the Benghazi attacks,” Wolf said on the floor of the House. “Some of these new NDAs, as they call them, I have been told were signed as recently as this summer.”
If proven to be accurate, Wolf said “this would be a stunning revelation.”
“It also raises serious concerns about the priority of the administration’s efforts to silence those with knowledge of the Benghazi attack in response,” Wolf said.
Congressman Wolf also said that he was requesting a list of all personnel or contractors who were asked to sign non-disclosure waivers from the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, and the State Department.
“Perhaps through a list of all the employees that have signed the NDAs related to Benghazi we may finally develop a witness list to subpoena for eyewitness testimony to learn what happened that night where we lost four American lives,” Wolf continued. “I do not expect the Obama administration to be forthcoming with answers, but if this Congress — if this Congress — does not ask for the information and compels its delivery the American people will never learn the truth.”
On Wednesday Representative Steve Stockman (R-TX) issued a statement in which he praised the work of Representative Wolf. “Congressman Wolf has fearlessly led the fight for justice on this issue,” Stockman said. “The whole nation owes Congressman Wolf a deep debt of gratitude. Some House Democrats now appear to be openly interfering with the investigation and intimidating witnesses, which only raises more questions about the White House’s involvement. The only way we’re going to get a clean and thorough investigation is by forcing a vote with a discharge petition.”
Well isn’t that just like this administration? They swoop in and apply pressure not only on whistleblowers, but on those who would be able to provide valuable testimony as to the events of September 11, 2012 in Benghazi.
House Resolution 36 continues to gain support. When I first reported on it on April 11, 2013, Congressman Wolf’s office confirmed they had 89 co-sponsors and over that weekend the co-sponsors grew to well over 100. However, it was RINO House Speaker John Boehner who said he wouldn’t allow the select committee to investigate Benghazi because he doesn’t “think it’s risen to that level.”
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter.
You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.