There’s lots of good news in the world amidst the bad. Rush Limbaugh informs listeners that there are lots of Democrats that want to stop Obamacare, the chance of a lifetime comes to a homeless man from an entrepreneur, a 96 year old widower gets his love poem to his wife put to music, 10 year old Sarah Murnaghan went home today after receiving a double lung transplant, plus much more!
- A Canadian woman took matters into her own hands when her bike was stolen last week. Kayla Smith followed the appropriate channels, filing a police report when her $1,000 bike went missing outside of an apartment building in Vancouver, even though it had been locked. But when she saw an ad on Craigslist featuring her bicycle the next morning for $300, she devised a way to get it back on her own, according to the Vancouver Sun. Wait till you read what she did. Way to go Kayla!
- Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday said “privately, there are a lot of Democrats” that tell him they would “love to be able to stop Obamacare.”
- Gemma Holmes’ story is one of tragedy, perseverance and personal sacrifice. Last September, while driving a scooter in Hilperton, England, the 26-year-old hit a parked car and was sent flying through the air and sustained life-threatening injuries. After almost dying and waking from a coma three months later, doctors delivered a shocking revelation: Holmes was nearly four months pregnant. Despite the impact that led to brutal injuries to her back and body, her unborn child — one she previously didn’t know she was carrying — survived (Holmes broke her back and sustained massive head injuries). In addition to the stunning pregnancy news, she also reportedly suffered amnesia and could not remember the last three years of her life, including the identity of her baby’s father (she later located him). Despite requiring serious surgeries to fix her back, Holmes made a stunning decision: She planned to continue carrying her child, whom she referred to as a miracle. Doctors apparently suggested terminating the pregnancy while Holmes was still unconscious, but her mother, Julie, wanted to wait for her daughter to wake up before making any decisions.
- “This homeless man found a bunch of my wife’s stolen property strewn all over downtown Tulsa,” wrote a user called anitasanger on Reddit. “He took the time to gather it all up in the rain and call us for retrieval. I just want to recognize him as an awesome human being.” Reddit fans recognized the man as a frequent visitor to the Tulsa Day Center, which serves the homeless. The story so inspired readers that donations began flowing in to the Day Center. See? A little kindness goes a long way!
- A 96-Year-old man, heartbroken by the loss of his wife, wrote down some song lyrics for his “Sweet Lorraine,” and sent them to a singer-songwriter contest he saw in his Illinois newspaper. Green Shoe Studios in East Peoria was so touched by Fred Stobaugh’s letter that they decided to record the song for him as a testament to his long lost love. “She was the prettiest girl ya ever saw,” he told Green Shoe musician Jacob Colgan. ‘She gave me 75 years of her life.” When Jacob brought the final recording to Fred to hear, he welled up with tears and pride. “It’s wonderful,” he said. “Just wonderful.” Now Colgan’s rendition of Sweet Lorraine has gone viral after the story was picked up by the Daily Mail and ABC News. The song is selling on iTunes, with 209 customer reviews.
- Kelly Cottle often carries her husband in places where his prosthetic legs can’t take him, like the beach or the pool. So when photographer Sarah Ledford of ShutterHappy Photography suggested they pose with him on her back during a family portrait session, Cottle didn’t think much of it. But when Ledford posted the photo to ShutterHappy Photography’s Facebook page the image quickly went viral. Ledford told KTVB, “The picture just blew up, America just fell in love with Jesse and Kelly.” Jesse Cottle, Kelly’s husband, is a former Marine who lost his legs to an IED in Afghanistan in 2009, KTVB reports. Thank you Jesse for your sacrifice and service!
- A 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl whose plight for a new pair of lungs spurred a national debate over organ transplants is going home Tuesday, her mother said Monday. In a posting on her Facebook page Janet Murnaghan wrote “WE ARE GOING HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!” Her daughter Sarah Murnaghan, who has end-stage cystic fibrosis, received two lung transplants this summer at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia after a federal judge intervened in her parents’ lawsuit challenging national transplant rules that put her at the end of the waiting list for adult lungs.
- An unsuspecting mom, Marla Lovato, at an Albuquerque Isotopes baseball game gets surprise when son Porter Riley shows up on the field after returning from 9 months of service in Afghanistan. Thank you Porter for your service and welcome home!
- One of Norway’s major hotel chains has removed access to pay-TV porn and replaced it with contemporary art channels. Petter Stordalen, owner of Nordic Choice hotels, said he will remove access to pornography in all of his establishments in favor of providing access to high-end contemporary art, according to a Guardian report. Stordalen said he came to the decision after becoming involved in campaigns aimed at stopping human trafficking and sexual exploitation of children, which is fuelled by pornography.
Want more good news? Click here.
O God, why hast thou cast us off forever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture? Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt. Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary. Thine enemies roar in the midst of thy congregations; they set up their ensigns for signs. A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees. But now they break down the carved work thereof at once with axes and hammers. They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground. They said in their hearts, Let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land. We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long. O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name forever? Why withdrawest thou thy hand, even thy right hand? pluck it out of thy bosom. For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters. Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness. Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers. The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun. Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter. Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name. O deliver not the soul of thy turtledove unto the multitude of the wicked: forget not the congregation of thy poor forever. Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty. O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name. Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily. Forget not the voice of thine enemies: the tumult of those that rise up against thee increaseth continually.
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation. If you don’t see a commenting section below, please disable your adblocker.