Today there is lots of good news. Be encouraged! There’s lots of bravery, victories and some pretty heartfelt acts of kindness in this list today.
First, let’s thank God for the long history we’ve had in this country, the brave men who have fought to maintain a free state and though we are fighting against tyranny, we should be grateful that He has still given us both the will and tools to engage in that battle. Happy Independence Day everyone.
- Forbes reported back in May that as gun sales soar, gun crimes plummet.
- Justice Antonin Scalia who for the past forty-seven years has served as a weekend scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America, angrily resigned from that position in protest due to the Boy Scouts decision regarding homosexuals. He then burned his scoutmaster uniform in a fireplace inside his Supreme Court office. Nice to see someone in an influential position protest such approval of degeneracy.
- In a dispute with state school officials, the Nebraska Supreme Court has ruled that a homeschooling family is free to set its own school calender, as long as it meets the requirement for class hours.
- Ten Year Old boy confronts burglar, manages to get his gun away from his attacker and begins firing back, defending his home.
- Judge orders traffic cameras to be removed in Ohio. Judge Robert Ruehlman found the cameras UnConstitutional and barred the town from operating the cameras and collecting any more fees from motorists. On top of that the Ohio House passed a bill to ban red-light and speed cameras.
- Hero Cop Saves 2-Year-Old Girl From Deranged Knife-Wielding Man With One Very Accurate Shot.
- Marine Gy. Sgt. Donnie Herbert surprises his little girls after returning serving several months in Afghanistan. Yes, what a joy to have Dad back home!
- Twenty-nine year old Seth Collins set out to give $500 tips to waiters and waitresses in all 50 states. So far, he’s given out 54 tips. He hopes to reach 100. Collins made the goal to honor his late brother, Aaron Collins, who in his will instructed the family to leave “an awesome tip.”
- With the amnesty bill still looming over us, it’s nice to see that today, Independence Day, there are four tales of those who have come here as legal immigrants and are being naturalized today at Thomas Jefferson’s home in Monticello. There is nothing wrong with immigration, as long as it is done lawfully.
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
- Watch people change their mind about abortion in seconds.
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints.”
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation. If you don’t see a commenting section below, please disable your adblocker.