We are continuing to expose the Obama administration and the President’s placement of personnel that do not have the interest of the poor or middle class at heart, this becomes very clear when one begins to dig into the theories of people such as Carol Browner, and so many others. In this article we will dissect Stephen Chu, the Energy Secretary, who has helped drive up the price of gasoline and everything associated with it, from the bread we eat to goods we buy at the stores.
It is no secret that when Obama took office the price for a gallon of gasoline was around $1.84 a gallon. Now it is around $3.65 or higher depending on where one lives, in some cases it is over $4.00 a gallon.
Now to be 100% honest, this price should not be because the United States has more oil just waiting to be retrieved from the ground than the entire world has on hand! What is the reason that this oil is NOT taken out of the ground? Just 5 letters, Obama, and his wish to make everything “green” as his Energy Secretary also wishes. Stephen Chu is a very brilliant man, he became a professor of physics at Stanford University where he continued his research on trapping and cooling atoms. In 1997 Chu was awarded a Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in that field. Although Chu has this great honor, one he Had to earn, not a Nobel Prize just granted to him because he was well liked, as was the one for Obama, he may be the most radical environmentalist on the White House staff.
In 2004 Chu left Stanford to become the director of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, where he focused on creating advanced biofuels, artificial photosynthesis, and solar technologies. He also took a job as a professor of physics and molecular and cellular biology at UC Berkeley. Here it has to be noted that he began his work with solar technologies, and this is where Obama found his chief administrator for the Obama “green” agenda, one that has failed terribly in the field of solar power. Solar generates a power factor of just .18 when compared to wind which has a power factor of .24 and natural gas which has a power factor of .95! Given these power factors, it becomes evident that Stephen Chu’s ideas for solar and wind power were doomed from the beginning! Yet Obama has still included them in his ideology and in his latest book on “jobs” he now proudly displays on the campaign trail, a book, by the way, that has the same plan as the past 4 years!
Stephen Chu has taken the lead for Obama in the “Global Warming’ theory that has been now proven wrong and very few even speak of this, yet Chu advising Obama still has this as part of the energy agenda! In the following paragraph it is clearly shown that Chu has the idea that people will “cook” themselves by using the oil, coal, and natural gas!
The following reveals Stephen Chu’s hatred for fossil fuels, as he espouses the dumb idea of creating enough carbon dioxide to kill life. Here it must be stated that carbon dioxide is the basis of oxygen breathing animals since the plants use carbon dioxide to create oxygen and thus sustain life for the oxygen breathing forms of life. Get rid of CO2 and we get rid of oxygen and life itself!
“Contending that manmade global warming poses an existential threat to the natural environment and all forms of earthly life, Chu exhorts industrialized nations worldwide to drastically cut their greenhouse-gas emissions (most notably carbon dioxide, or CO2), which are produced by the burning of fossil fuels. In April 2007, for instance, Chu said that “coal is my worst nightmare” and expressed doubt that adequate “clean coal” technologies could ever be developed. “We have lots of fossil fuel,’’ he elaborated. “That’s really both good and bad news. We won’t run out of energy but there’s enough carbon in the ground to really cook us.’’
Stephen Chu has directed Obama and brought him into thinking that the use of any type of fuel that creates CO2 will destroy our world by creating too much CO2. Here we only have to see what happened in 2009. Stephen Chu warned of “climate change” and today we know this to be false, but this has cost our nation billions of dollars which have been lost with taxpayer funded subsidies into solar companies that went broke. Many solar companies that received taxpayer money have failed, but Obama, in his recent campaign stops, has once again stated that we need to do this once again. How can Stephen Chu allow Obama to continue to believe in solar power when business after business failed? The list below shows all the failed solar companies Obama supported.
- The Amonix Solar: FAIL – manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, subsidized by more than $20 million in federal tax credits and grants given by Obama Administration, has closed its 214,000 square foot facility a year after it opened.
- Solar Trust of America: FAIL – Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012 – On April 2, 2012
- Bright Source: FAIL – Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Lost Billions of dollars but Getting More Money To Keep Trying. Can you say, “This isnt working?”
- Solyndra: FAIL – Obama gave Solyndra $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses due to failure to make a solar product that works!
- LSP Energy: FAIL – LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012
- Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy
- Abound Solar: FAIL – Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy.
- SunPower: FAIL – SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling.
- Beacon Power: FAIL – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee.
- Ecotality: FAIL – ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama.
- A123 Solar: FAIL-A123 received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’s Department of Energy loan guarantees and after Solyndra bankruptcy is getting another $500M from Obama and it has lost $400M.
- UniSolar: FAIL – Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20 this year laid off hundreds got more Obama money still failing but still in business.
- Azure Dynamics: FAIL – Azure Dynamics files for bankruptcy in June ter millions in Obama “Stimulus.”
- Evergreen Solar: FAIL – Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama filed bankruptcy.
- Ener1: FAIL received more than $100 million in government funding from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy January 2012.
In May 2012 Obama visited a dusty, desert town 30 miles outside Las Vegas Wednesday to declare he’s doubling down on failed federal efforts to boost the solar industry which has never proven to produce a single working product. Like Socialism, no evidence it works, but they just keep doubling down on the failed ideals!.
This shows 16 solar power companies that have failed and Stephen Chu is still recommending tax payer money be given to that will fail due to the fact that it costs more to build, run, and maintain any type of solar power then the returns show.
“At the Energy Department, Chu has warned of “the potential risks of climate change” and called for the U.S. to move toward carbon-neutral energy sources. Toward that end, he supports policies (such as “cap-and-trade”) that would discourage carbon emissions by imposing a tax on them. “It’s prudent risk management,” Chu explains. “It’s like saying, ‘Your house will burn down in the next 10 years — 50 percent probability. By the way, do you want fire insurance?’”
Here we see that Stephen Chu supports Cap and Trade, an idea that has cost Australia billions of dollars and did nothing to stop CO2 emissions at all! Yet Chu, along with Obama, wants this to happen and they have gone as far as telling the EPA to enforce the Clean Air Act and to use that as the “Cap and Trade” project! By the way, Cap and Trade is a phony idea that only makes the people running the scam rich.
Stephen Chu has even made statements to increase gasoline taxes to force people to use other means of transportation so we can get rid of oil, natural gas, and especially coal.
As one proposed means of reducing U.S. carbon emissions, Chu has called for a gradual increase in gasoline taxes over a 15-year period, so as to persuade consumers to purchase more-efficient vehicles and to reside in neighborhoods closer to their workplace. “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,” Chu said in September 2008.
Stephen Chu wants to bring gasoline prices to the levels of Europe. But what is the reason behind this? It is to force people to use other energy that is not yet even feasible to consider due to the fact that the costs of alternative energy sources are much more costly than oil, coal, and natural gas.
Chu and Obama must be removed or we will never see any drilling or cheaper fuel prices! Here is a factoid that few in the Obama administration state:
“The United States has more oil than the entire world in just 3 states and those states are in the middle of our nation!”
However, Stephen Chu and President Obama don’t worry about how they can lower the costs of gasoline and other prices. They have the idea that alternative energy is the way to go, even though it has not worked for over 30 years! It is here that Governor Mitt Romney will do what is right and use the energy our nation has and this will make the cost of everything cheaper and it will create millions of new jobs! Remember, this the next time you gas up your vehicle, “Our nation could be using its own oil, coal, and natural gas, to make everything cheaper and not depend on any other nation for our fuel! Our nation could see $1.50 a gallon if real leaders would just drill.”