In July, President Donald Trump tweeted that transgenders would no longer be able to serve in the US military and said he was doing the military a great favor by doing it. Following that tweet, the Pentagon said they did not have orders from Trump and said they did not act on Tweets, but word came this week that Trump’s directives were about to be issued and now they have.
The presidential memo to the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Homeland Security outlines the following policy.
“Until June 2016, the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (collectively, the Departments) generally prohibited openly transgender individuals from accession into the United States military and authorized the discharge of such individuals,” Trump wrote. “Shortly before President Obama left office, however, his Administration dismantled the Departments’ established framework by permitting transgender individuals to serve openly in the military, authorizing the use of the Departments’ resources to fund sex-reassignment surgical procedures, and permitting accession of such individuals after July 1, 2017. The Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security have since extended the deadline to alter the currently effective accession policy to January 1, 2018, while the Departments continue to study the issue.”
“In my judgment, the previous Administration failed to identify a sufficient basis to conclude that terminating the Departments’ longstanding policy and practice would not hinder military effectiveness and lethality, disrupt unit cohesion, or tax military resources, and there remain meaningful concerns that further study is needed to ensure that continued implementation of last year’s policy change would not have those negative effects” Trump added.
“Accordingly, by the authority vested in me as President and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States under the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including Article II of the Constitution, I am directing the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the U.S. Coast Guard, to return to the longstanding policy and practice on military service by transgender individuals that was in place prior to June 2016 until such time as a sufficient basis exists upon which to conclude that terminating that policy and practice would not have the negative effects discussed above,” he continued. “The Secretary of Defense, after consulting with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may advise me at any time, in writing, that a change to this policy is warranted.”
This part of the policy is to take effect on March 23, 2018.
The directive then states that the Defense and Homeland Security Secretaries are to, “maintain the currently effective policy regarding accession of transgender individuals into military service beyond January 1, 2018, until such time as the Secretary of Defense, after consulting with the Secretary of Homeland Security, provides a recommendation to the contrary that I [Trump] find convincing.”
This directive is to take effect on January 1, 2018.
They are also to “halt all use of DoD or DHS resources to fund sex reassignment surgical procedures for military personnel, except to the extent necessary to protect the health of an individual who has already begun a course of treatment to reassign his or her sex.”
This directive is to take effect on March 23, 2018.
Both secretaries have until February 21, 2018 to submit a plan for implementing both the general policy and the specific directives of the memo, even though part of the policy is to be in effect in January.
So far, Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer, as well as several retired generals, are opposed to Trump’s directive.
More than 50 Democrats have pleaded with General Mattis to ignore Trump’s transgender military ban, thus they are opposing what the law allows.
Trump is being sued by a group of these mentally ill transgenders over the ban and seeking an injunction against it.
Like the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy that Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Sobarkah removed, he also lifted the ban on transgenders serving openly in the military.
Our founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves at how our military is operating unconstitutionally in foreign countries and the allowance of open sodomites and mentally ill men and women who believe they are the opposite sex of what they actually are.
Far from mentally unstable, Trump is making a wise decision here, no matter how loud their cries are, considering that these people make up only 0.2%-0.3% of the entire population.
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.