Home » The Unbelievable High Cost of Maintaining Michelle Obama’s Dignity as First Lady
So here we are over five years into the presidency of Barack Hussein Obama, with record unemployment and over 46,000,000 Americans on food stamps , one would think the Obama’s would set an example for others to follow. If you thought that, you’d be very wrong. Barack Obama has more than doubled our national debt since being elected and Michelle has spent massive amounts of money on many lavish trips and vacations. When Jimmy Carter was president, even though history has proven him to be inept at his job, for all his faults, at least he was an honest man. But not so with the occupation of the Obama family in the peoples house. Even though we are (according to president Obama) in the midst of a “recession greater than that of the Great Depression,” our First Lady has spent tax-payer money on her own comfort and amusement like it’s free.
In times past, Mary Lincoln was taken to task and endured harsh criticism for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary. But not so for our current First Lady; not by a long shot! She has racked-up quite a large tab since she moved in to the White House, but what the hell, she’s not paying, you are.
“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service,” says Michelle Obama. Mrs. Obama’s license to practice law was rendered “voluntarily inactive” due to a court order in a Insurance malpractice case. Since the First Lady holds no official “public office” nor does she receive any kind of salary, I find her statement quite puzzling.
Here is a list of staff members to help the First Lady in “maintaining the dignity of her office” and their salaries:
- Natalie F. Bookey Baker, executive assistant to the chief of staff to the first lady, $45,000;
- Alan O. Fitts, deputy director of advance and trip director for the first lady, $61,200;
- Jocelyn C. Frey, deputy assistant to the president and director of policy and projects for the first lady, $140,000;
- Jennifer Goodman, deputy director of scheduling and events coordinator for the first lady, $63,240;
- Deilia A.L. Jackson, deputy associate director of correspondence for the first lady, $42,000;
- Kristen E. Jarvis, special assistant for scheduling and traveling aide to the first lady, $51,000;
- Camille Y. Johnston, special assistant to the president and director of communications for the first lady, $102,000;
- Tyler A. Lechtenberg, director of correspondence for the first lady, $50,000;
- Catherine M. Lelyveld, director and press secretary to the first lady, $85,680;
- Dana M. Lewis, special assistant and personal aide to the first lady, $66,000;
- Trooper Sanders, deputy director of policy and projects for the first lady, $85,000;
- Susan S. Sher, assistant to the president and chief of staff and counsel to the first lady, $172,200;
- Frances M. Starkey, director of scheduling and advance for the first lady, $80,000;
- Semonti M. Stevens, associate director and deputy press secretary to the first lady, $53,550;
- Melissa Winter, special assistant to the president and deputy chief of staff to the first lady, $102,000.
The White House social secretary works for the first lady and serves as head of the White House Social Office, which plans everything from the casual and educational student workshops to elegant and sophisticated state dinners welcoming world leaders.
In the Office of White House Social Secretary were the following staffers:
- Erinn J. Burnough, deputy director and deputy social secretary, $66,300;
- Joseph B. Reinstein, deputy director and deputy social secretary, $66,300;
- Julianna S. Smoot, deputy assistant to the president and White House social secretary, $150,000.
And this list does not include Michelle Obama’s immense cost for her to travel. When she does, she also lists her two daughters as “Senior Staff Members” so they will get paid (courtesy of you and me). I’ll bet you didn’t know that you were paying the two girls “allowance,” did you?
Given the current state of our economy and given the fact that our nation’s veterans are having their benefits decreased or cut-off all together, I think the “First Lady” could “down-size” just a little and cut a few corners, wouldn’t you say? On my trusty little old 45 year old MONROE 3140 calculator that total comes to $1,415,170.00 per year in salaries for her 17 personal staff members. I wonder how many disabled veterans who lost limbs just in the last 5 years that amount of money would take care of.
So, to sum it all up, let’s imagine just for a moment that you had in your possession, an EBT card, one with no spending limit, and whatever you did spend, you’d never have to pay back. Then you’d know what it was like to walk a mile in Michelle Obama’s designer shoes.
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.
You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.