1. Hasbro: Founded in 1923 by Henry and Helal Hassenfeld in Rhode Island, US, Hasbro is now one of the biggest board game companies today. Its products range from classic family favorites like Monopoly and Clue to popular card games like Magic: The Gathering.
2. Ravensburger: Established in 1883 in Germany, this company has been a leader in the board game market for over 130 years. They specialize in 3D jigsaw puzzles, kids’ games and educational toys, all made with quality materials that stand the test of time.
3. Mattel: This American toy company was founded in 1945 and quickly rose to become one of the top manufacturers of board games. Their portfolio includes popular titles like Scrabble, Uno and Memory, as well as the much-loved Barbie doll.
4. Hasbro Gaming: A subsidiary of Hasbro that focuses on game production, this company was launched in 2017 to bring their classic board games up to date with modern technology. They’ve since acquired high-profile licenses for properties like Marvel and Star Wars, expanding their offerings even further.
5. Winning Moves Games: Founded in 1995, this Massachusetts-based company has become a leader in the world of classic board games with its innovative takes on favorites such as Monopoly and Clue. With over 250 licensed titles under its belt, you can be sure to find something for everyone.
6. Asmodee: This French company got its start in the board game industry back in 1995 as a publisher of strategy games. It has since expanded to become one of the largest producers and distributors of European-style board games, card games and roleplaying games with titles like Catan and Ticket to Ride.
7. Days of Wonder: Founded in 2002, this California-based publisher is known for making family-friendly titles such as Ticket to Ride and Small World with high production values. They also recently released digital versions of their titles so you can play them on your computer or smart device.
8. Fantasy Flight Games: Established in 1996, this Minnesota-based company has become well-known for their expansive and immersive board games, such as the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game. They also have a wide selection of card and roleplaying games that are sure to please fans of all ages.
9. Czech Games Edition: Founded in 2007, this Prague-based company has become a leader in the world of strategy and party board games. They specialize in titles like Codenames and Through the Ages, perfect for groups looking for an exciting experience.
10. Z-Man Games: This Illinois-based game publisher was established in 1999 with the aim to bring European style tabletop gaming experiences to a wider audience. With popular titles such as Pandemic Legacy and Carcassonne under its belt, Z-Man Games has certainly achieved its goal.
11. Mayfair Games: Based in Illinois, Mayfair Games is one of the oldest game publishers still in operation today. They specialize in classic American titles such as Catan and Settlers of America that bring family and friends together for hours of fun.
12. Plaid Hat Games: Established in 2010, this Minneapolis-based company has quickly become known for their popular character-driven games like Mice & Mystics and Dead of Winter. They also have a selection of card games perfect for new players looking to get into the hobby.
13. Rio Grande Games: Founded in 1998, this Texas-based game publisher specializes in traditional style board games. Their titles like Ticket to Ride and Dominion have become well-loved classics that bring lots of fun to gamers of all ages.
14. Asmodee: With headquarters in France, Asmodee is one of the world’s largest game publishers. They are perhaps best known for popular titles such as Catan and 7 Wonders, but they also have a large selection of other board games from various genres.
15. Stronghold Games: This New Jersey-based company has been making its mark since 2009 with board games that offer a unique experience to players. Titles like Core Worlds and Space Cadets take table gaming to the next level, while still offering plenty of replayability.
16. AEG: Founded in 1993, this game publishing company has produced some of the most beloved titles in the tabletop gaming world. With games such as Love Letter and Thunderstone, AEG always brings an extra level of entertainment to its fans.
17. Cryptozoic Entertainment: Based out of California, Cryptozoic Entertainment is best known for producing quality card games like DC Comics Deck Building Games, Epic Spell Wars and The Walking Dead Card Game. They also have a selection of board games perfect for any type of gamer.
18. Fantasy Flight Games: This Minnesota-based publisher began making its mark in 1995 with classic style board games like Arkham Horror and Talisman. Today they are known for their popular strategy titles including Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures and Twilight Imperium.
19. Plaid Hat Games: Established in 2009, this game publisher is focused on creating interesting games that are full of adventure and surprises. Their titles such as Mice & Mystics, Summoner Wars and Ashes have been a hit with gamers everywhere.
20. Z-Man Games: With their headquarters in Illinois, Z-Man Games is known for producing some truly unique board games like Pandemic Legacy and Carcassonne. They also offer plenty of card games and expansions to keep players engaged for hours on end.
21. Portal Games: This Polish game publisher was founded in 1999 and is known for its innovative titles like Neuroshima Hex, Imperial Settlers and Robinson Crusoe. Their games are perfect for groups of up to four players, giving a fresh twist on traditional board gaming experiences.
22. Iello Games: With fun characters like King of Tokyo’s Godzilla and Space Cowboys’ Captain Sonar, this French game publisher brings plenty of humor to the table (literally). Perfect for family gatherings or small groups, their board games offer something for everyone.
23. Renegade Game Studios: Founded in 2014 by industry veterans, this San Diego-based company offers some truly unique card and board games such as Clank!, Lanterns and Karuba. With their huge collection of titles, Renegade Game Studios is sure to have something for everyone.
24. Cryptozoic Entertainment: Founded in 2010, this California-based game publisher has been creating unique card games with beautiful artwork and engaging mechanics. Their most popular titles include DC Comics Deck Building Game, Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Card Game.
25. Stonemaier Games: This St. Louis-based game publisher has quickly become one of the biggest names in board gaming thanks to their critically acclaimed titles like Scythe, Charterstone and Wingspan. They also offer a wide variety of expansions to keep players coming back for more.